Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Level Shifter Kart Racers Test Old School 100cc Direct Drive Power, AND LOVE IT!

Check out this story from Kart360 that discusses the test drive of a mid 1990's Formula A 100cc kart by factory KZ shifter kart racers Jordon Lennox-Lamb, who swept the SKUSA S1 Pro-Tour and won at Supernats this year, and Gary Carlton, who is widely believed to be one of the best, if not the best, kart racers from the United States.  This is a great story, and it really shows the feelings and emotion that the purity of direct drive karting brings out in racers!  My favorite quote is from Gary Carlton, who is a factory racer for TB Kart in Europe:

"It was like nothing I have driven before. The first time I pulled the engine the whole straight was something I will never forget. The sound of the engine revving towards 20,000 RPM gives you goosebumps the first time. It felt so pure. The chassis was so light and quick to respond. A whole different driving style where you can really throw the kart around. It was a great experience and I now can say I know what it was like back in the day, and I will say, they had it way better than we do now."
— Gary Carlton (courtesy of Kart360)


Check out the whole story here: